Houston Property Management
We Manage Your Houston Property While You Manage Your Life.
We Manage Your Property While You Manage Your Life.
The number one rule to remember when you have tenants who aren’t paying rent on time - it’s better to work with them, than to evict them immediately! Your biggest cost as a homeowner with rental property is turnover. There are a number of costs associated with preparing the property for a new tenant, you have no rent coming in during a turnover and there are maintenance and repair expenses, as well as utilities. So many expensive things happen during a turnover. We don’t want you to pay for those things, so we always recommend that you work with these slow paying tenants.
A good way to work with tenants who are late is to use constant contact. If the tenants don’t pay by a certain day of the month, we start phone calls and we drive by the property. We want to know what’s going on and we want to be sure that they haven’t skipped out. If they are still there, we want to start enforcing the rules of rental payment. Tenants know up front that we will enforce the lease. We will charge late fees and do everything we can to make sure they know we are serious about collecting rent.
When you’re working with tenants to get the rent paid without eviction, payment plans that are specific and enforced can be helpful. We have set up payment plans in the past, and most of the time they work just fine. It keeps you from feeling like you have to evict too fast.
Timelines in Texas
The good thing is that we are in Texas. In some states, it takes six to eight months to evict. Here, it can be done in 30 to 45 days. We don’t recommend eviction as the first step, we always try to work with a Tenant in order to preserve the income stream for you, the Owner. If you end up needing to evict, the process can be done quickly.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Owner or Renter?
- Our Property Managers are Involved in the Profession Through Education & Designations
- We Perform Multiple Walk Thru’s of our Homes, Before, During and After the Make Ready
- We Coordinate Vendors for Routine Maintenance and Preventative Maintenance
- We Offer Monthly HVAC Filter Service and Annual HVAC Inspections
- We Maintain HOA Contact for all Communications and Annual/Monthly Payments
- Thorough Tenant Screening to Prevent Evictions/Turnovers
- We Provide Detailed Monthly Statements to Owners by Email
- We Personally Contact all Tenants with Balances on a Weekly Basis
Don’t Just Take Our Word For It.
See What Our Clients Have To Say.
Areas We Serve
- Sugar Land
- The Woodlands
- Missouri City
- Houston Heights
- Harris County
- Jersey Village
- Medical Center
- Spring Branch
- Energy Corridor
- League City
- Texas City
- Deer Park
- Lake Houston